PICTURES OF CADEN (Newest at bottom.)

Monday, October 24, 2005

Caden is suprising us yet again.

Last week he took a full six-ounce bottle in ten minutes on two seperate feedings!!! Holly and I were shocked. As you may imagine. He has been taking about 4-6 ounces in 30-50 minutes on the norm. I am just so proud of my beautiful son.

But, the good news doesn't end there.

Yesterday, while I was at work, Caden wanted to sit up. Which as we know he really isn't supposed to do because of his age and syndrome. When I got home, I let him sit in the corner of the couch; I let him do this to get used to the feeling of sitting up and to try to help him strengthen his neck and back; and he didn't want to sit back.

He leaned forward a bit and sat up, sort of. He was wobbly, and he leaned to the side and forward a little more than he should, but he was doing it. And he sat there for a short while.

Today, I went home for lunch, and I was holding him some. Part of the time, I was holding him facing away from me with my arm around his belly and waist so that he could hold his head up, and we was doing a great job. He has been able to do that for a few days now.

I laid him down on his back in his gym so he could play and watch TV. He started to cry. I think part of it was that he didn't want me to put him down, but the rest was that he wanted to sit up. He'll get to that point soon enough.

I know that he doesn't understand that he can't sit up all of the time yet. But, he obviously wants to.


Until Next time, I continue to ask for and thank you for your prayers.

No comments: