PICTURES OF CADEN (Newest at bottom.)

Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Caden's Follow-up Is Today

They drew blood from Caden's arm last Monday. They had trouble getting to his vane at first. Then they got some blood. They weren't sure if it was going to be enough or not. So, they had me take Caden for a walk for about 15 minutes before checking to see if they'd have to stick him again.

We went to fix Caden's bottle and the water in the bathroom got barely above luke warm. And Caden likes his bottles warm, so I wasn't sure how well he'd eat. We had some time to waste before going back, so we looked in the gift shop and Caden just started to talk.

We went back to the window and they said that the machine just finished spinning and they had enough. I was so glad, I didn't want them to have to stick him twice in one day.

When Caden recieved the shots last week, the nurses did it well enough that Caden didn't even know that he was getting a shot until it was pretty much done. So, all he got out for a cry was an initial "Ahh!" and then some "Why did you do that?" wimpers.

On Saturday, we didn't get the same luck that we did on Monday. Mommy didn't even want to go in because she didn't want to hear him cry. They tried his right arm again. I'm not sure why they did, since they could tell that's where he was stuck earlier in the week. They were having troubles again, and Caden was just belting out the complaints. He was giving them his patented lip and looks. He looked at me with his look that just says, "Daddy, help me! Why are they doing this?" I just wanted to stop them, but I knew that they were only doing it for good.

They stopped and put a band-aid on since they knew they weren't getting anything from his right arm. They allowed me to pick him up to soothe and calm him. As soon as I laid him down to get blood from his left arm, he gave me the "Don't give me back to them!" look.

This time, it was much quicker. They stuck the needle in and blood came out almost immediately. I was so happy. They put a band-aid on and I picked him up immediately. He put his head on my sholder to calm down. They nurse held up a basket of stickers and we let Caden pick his own. He actually picked up a sheet with kittens on it, but then dropped it to go for one with a Colt on it instead. I couldn't believe that he actually picked one out on his own, and neither could mommy when I told her.

We are going to see Dr. Donovan again, and he is going to give us the results. I just hope for good results.



Until Next time, I continue to ask for and thank you for your prayers.

No comments: