PICTURES OF CADEN (Newest at bottom.)

Sunday, June 5, 2005

It's an infection!

Holly called the hospital this morning, and they said that he has yeast in his urine. I'll call it a "baby yeast infection." It could be a type of bladder infection or even a urinary tract infection. They are running some more tests to find out what is causing it.

They have had him on antibiotics since last night. They wouldn't do any harm to him if he didn't have an infection, but he does. So, it's good that they have him on them.

How long he stays in the hospital, all depends on the infection. It could be anywhere from 2-10 days.

We are just so glad that God was telling us to call and get him to the hospital. They said that if we wouldn't have called, there was probably a good chance he wouldn't have been able to fight this off, and we may have lost him. But, that is not the case. We did call. And he will now be alright.

At one point when Holly was holding Caden, she just had a look on her face like she was holding her dead child. I never want to see that again. It scared and hurt me so much that I just wanted to break down. I don't know what I would do if something happened to him, or her for that matter.

Except for the fact that he was sick, there was a moment yesterday when I was holding him on my chest that I thought to myself:

"My family is sleeping. My wife is comfortable in the bedroom, my son is comfortable on me, and my little girl (Kira, our cat) is sleeping on the couch. This is what I have been waiting for, and now my life is as complete as it should be."

No comments: